Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
American Association of University Women
- AAUW fellowships and grants program information.
- Boren Fellowships provide up to $24,000 to U.S. graduate students to add an important international and language component to their graduate education through specialization in area study, language study, or increased language proficiency.
Columbia University Fellowship Resources
- This page primarily contains resources that will help you to find available fellowships and grants from non-Columbia sources. However, some external grant programs administered by Columbia are included as well as guidelines for applying.
Cornell University Fellowship Database
- Includes a fellowship database as well as "A Guide To External Graduate Fellowships," which is a PDF available for download.
Fellowship Resources on the Web
- From UC Berkeley, a comprehensive list of fellowship resources available on the web including a section on resources for underrepresented groups.
Fogarty International Center
- A list of non-National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding opportunities (grants and fellowships) for graduate students pursuing the biomedical and behavioral sciences.
- The Ford Foundation aims to support visionary leaders and organizations on the front lines of social change. The site hosts a grant database with 1,900 grants to consider.
- This website has many scholarships and fellowships that students can apply for, but a subscription plan is needed ($19.95 and up).
Fulbright Student Program
- The Fulbright Program is an international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government aiming to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. In-depth information is provided on the different programs available for students.
Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation
- The Truman Scholarship provides up to $30,000 in funding to students pursuing graduate degrees in public service fields. Students must be college juniors at the time of selection.
STEM Grad Students
- A list of around 50 federally-sponsored graduate fellowships pursing STEM careers. The initiative is a project of Science.gov.
Thomas R. Pickering Undergraduate Foreign Affairs & Graduate Foreign Affairs Fellowships
- The Pickering Fellowships help talented students -- highly motivated and academically excellent graduating seniors or college graduates -- who want to pursue a Foreign Service career in the U.S. Department of State. The Pickering programs have been administered by the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation, one of the United States' top fellowship providers, for more than 20 years.
Types of Graduate Fellowships
- An informative article explaining the different types of fellowships; federally funded portable fellowships, portable fellowships from independent organizations, and institutional fellowships.
UCLA Graduate & Postdoctoral Extramural Support (GRAPES) Database
- The GRAPES database catalogs extramural funding opportunities of interest to prospective and current graduate students, students working on a master's thesis or doctoral dissertation, and postdoctoral scholars. It contains information on over 600 private and publicly funded awards, fellowships, and internships.
University of Illinois Fellowship Finder
- A searchable database of nearly 1000 fellowships for graduate students external to the University of Illinois.
University of Maryland Fellowships Database
- A searchable database of a wide range of graduate fellowships external to the University of Maryland.
University of Rochester Fellowships/Awards Database
- A searchable database of nearly 1000 fellowships and awards for graduate students and post-docs external to the University of Rochester.